Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Men and Self Esteem

Okay, I have to give it to the guys on Black People Meet. They think very highly of themselves.

On your profile, you have the opportunity to describe your looks and body type.
For looks, the choices are:
average
good-looking
very good looking
stunning looking

For body type:
slender
athletic
average
few extra pounds
big and beautiful

Now a lot of these guys who I would consider average-looking, describe themselves as good looking or very good-looking. One guy even described himself as stunning looking. I just laughed out loud (maybe he was trying to be funny to show that he had a sense of humor).

For body type, some guys have described themselves as athletic, most say they are average. However, the few who say they have a "few extra pounds" are way more than a few extra pounds, but they don't see themselves that way.

I thought that was interesting because I think a lot of women are hard on themselves when it comes to their looks. They underestimate just how beautiful they are. But it seems men have very high self esteem.

What do you think?

holla at me...

1 comment:

SingLikeSassy said...

I'm guessing that since you see more average looking guys with ladies who are 9s and 10s, the idea of what an average looking guy is has been skewed.

I do agree women are hard on themselves. If I hear you say one more thing about how you are fat and have this huge bottom, I'm going to shake you. There is nothing wrong with your body, as far as I can tell you are not obese and you work hard at being fit. Stop talking negatively about your body. *shakes fist at Lottie*