Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stood Up

On Sunday, my friend Tanya sent me the latest Washington Post Date Lab article. It featured a woman who had been stood up on her "Date Lab" date.

The 50-year-old computer software tester waited a little more than 30 minutes before realizing her blind date was not coming. Read the entire article here. She seemed to take it in stride, ordering dinner and chatting up another customer at the bar.

But I was thinking: How rude ! Dude is an idiot ! He wasn't apologetic or showed any kind of remorse. He didn't even try to make up a lame excuse. Instead he refused to answer his phone or return the Post's phone calls. What a coward.

Anyway, I think he did her a favor. Just think, if he's not going to show up for a date arranged by a national newspaper and written about for a national audience, then he's not going to show up for other, more important things - like a real relationship. Better for her to find out now than later. Remember: When people show you who they are believe them - the first time !

It's ironic that Tanya sent me that article Sunday, when I was suppose to meet up with someone that afternoon - and he was MIA (lol).

We had made plans earlier in the week to meet at the National Harbor at 4 pm on Sunday. Saturday morning he text me, wanting to know if we could do dinner that evening. I told him Sunday was still best. He text me again Saturday evening, wanting to know if we could meet up that evening. I told him no again, explaining that I had to teach Jazzercise the next morning and needed to prepare for my class.

Anyway, Sunday comes. After my Jazzercise class - around 11:30 a.m. — I text him to see if we're still on for 4 pm. I didn't hear back from him until 3:45. He sent me a text informing me that he was just leaving Richmond and would come to the city.

WHAT ? !

As you may know, Richmond is 2 hours away - which meant he wouldn't get to the city until around 6 or so. I told him not to bother coming. I had already made other plans.

So dude sent me a text at 10:20 PM: "Can I come over?"

I was livid: You got some nerve, I replied back. Don't contact me again.
And I blocked his number.

I'm so sick of this: meeting these dudes who are unreliable, irresponsible, not dependable. I want to meet a nice man, a good guy. I want someone HONEST, someone who does what he says he's gonna do.

geez...

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the Date Lab no-show?
What are your experiences with no-shows?

Let me know your thoughts.

1 comment:

SingLikeSassy said...

I think it is cowardly and disrespectful to stand somebody up.