Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Manifesting Love (Part 3)

I have SO many things I want to write about. But first I wanted to get through this series on Manifesting Love. As you recall, a few months ago I listened to a teleconference featuring relationship expert Mat Boggs and motivational speaker Lisa Nichols who discussed the 3 Secrets of Manifesting Love.

The first secret was to stop self-sabotaging yourself with negative thoughts. The second secret was to "joyfully receive" when a man offers to do something for you or to help you out. So here is the last of the 3 secrets to Manifesting Love: The Law of Elasticity.

According to this law, women should not obsess when men don't call back right away or if they hang out with their friends all night because, well, they'll eventually be back (elasticity - get it?). Boggs explained that men have a chemical in their brain that gets triggered when they do masculine things - like when they achieve something spectacular or produce something extraordinary.

Anyway, a woman's chemical suppresses the man's chemical and as a result, he feels the need to just get away, hang out with the guys, do something manly. When he comes back, he'll be in a better mood, feel better, be in better spirits.

wow. Did you know that?

So I guess the whole point of this law is: Let your significant other have his fun with his friends, trust that he just needs to be around masculine energy and don't nag him about where he is, when he's coming home or why he didn't call you last nite. Know that he'll be back soon - elasticity.

Sounds simple doesn't it: Don't smother him, let him have his space, etc.

I do believe that each person in a relationship should have their own lives. For example, I may marry a man who is into watching football all day on Sundays. Do you think I'm gonna be mad cause he wants to hang out with his friends, drink beer and watch a game? Hell No! I will be going out to brunch with friends, shopping, volunteering or at a spa. I will not be begging him to pay attention to me or spend time with me while he's watching a sporting event with his friends. (I like basketball, so I'll watch basketball with him if he wants)

When one of my friends was dating her husband, she couldn't call him before noon on Sunday because he worked a late shift and then he watched football all day with his friends. So we would go to church, go get lunch and just hang out.

But the key is the man has to be trustworthy. I know a guy who is a member of a fraternity. He's married. He would tell his wife that he was going to a fraternity meeting, but instead he would meet up with young ladies he had met at fraternity parties.

So the next time you obsess about where your man is, why he didn't call you back or if he's really playing basketball that late - trust that he's just doing a little male bonding and he'll be back by your side soon.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

TNDRHRT said...

I never knew this 'law' either. Makes sense, though. Each person has to have time to themselves. Kind of like when you take a vacation and come back recharged and ready to tackle anything. You know? It is definitely important that the guy is trustworthy.

SingLikeSassy said...

You know I'm a loner who was raised as an only child, so I need some down time away from people each and every day. As a result, I'm glad when my man is off doing something with someone else cause that gives me a break.

I've also never been the kind of chick to hunt a man down. If you say you're someplace that's where I expect and trust you to be. Now, in my recently ended marriage that trust was taken advantage of, but I hope I am able to remain trusting of my mate(s) in the future and I don't think anyone, man or woman, likes clingy mate.