Thursday, October 20, 2011

The List

My co-worker always complains that women are too choosy. I know I have a list of qualities I would like in an ideal mate. But the more I watch Millionaire Matchmaker, I think its the men who are choosy.

I had already seen the show that aired tonite. It was a re-run. Patti was charged with finding love for two men who were in the self-help industry. Isn't that ironic? They were in the business of helping people succeed, but they needed Patti's help in finding love.

Anyway the dude Gary was the one who had me laughing with his long list. The 47 year-old motivational speaker said he had to have someone who was:
1) 5'2, 110 pounds
2) Between the age of 29-33
3) Blonde (like Jessica Simpson)
4) Feminine
5) Not career-oriented
6) Domesticated
7) Willing to travel at will
8) Christian
9) Eager to have kids (twin girls)

So Patti of course told him to narrow his list down to 5 non-negotiables. He said his mate must be:
1) Godly (Christian)
2) Gorgeous
3) Not Career-oriented (He absolutely did not want a woman who had a career. He wanted someone to support him and what he was doing and not be distracted by anything else.)
4) Domesticated (someone who enjoys spending her Sunday cooking dinner all day)
5) Must want kids

He chose a lady who could be an older version of Jessica Simpson. One of the first questions he asked her was, "What do you have to offer a man?"

Huh?

The question stumped her. She had never been asked that before; me either (lol).

So if you were on a date, your first date with a guy and he asked you - What do you have to offer a man - what would you say?

No comments: