Sunday, August 28, 2011

Call Waiting


Yesterday after my Jazzercise class one of the students, a White male between his mid-40s or mid-50s, came up to me. "Can I call you sometime?" he asked.

"Sure," I replied and wrote my number down on a piece of paper.

A few weeks earlier, he had come up to me and slipped me his number. I put it in my purse, but never called him. So I guess he thought it would be better if he asked for mine.

Last month, the men of Omega Psi Phi fraternity held their centennial celebration here in the nation's capital. I met several guys, one was a doctor from Tennessee.

We talked a good while and he gave me his card before I left to go home. (My feet were killing me!) Not once did he ask for my number or inquire about how he could keep in touch with me.

A few people have asked me if I've heard from the doctor. I haven't heard from the doctor because I refuse to call the doctor. I don't think "The Doctor" was that into me. If he was - he would have asked for my number or my card or a way to contact me. Instead he wanted me to call him the next day - I guess maybe to hang out.

But I had to put that weekend in perspective. For guys, it was a weekend of fun. They were hanging with their bruhs, who knows how many other women "the doctor" gave his number to; better yet, who he had waiting for him back in Tennessee.

Did I miss out on a good thing? Who knows? I doubt it.

But I'm sticking to my belief: If a guy doesn't ask for your contact information (number, email, business card), he's really not that interested in getting to know you. He's just not that into you.

Thoughts?
Let me know how you feel.

4 comments:

boxilla said...

Talk to the guy who wants to talk to you.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. We need to stop chasing men, period.

SingLikeSassy said...

I don't give out my number and contact information to strangers.

However, once I make the call (from my google phone number not my real number, cause again, I don't like for strangers to know where I work, my cell number etc) and they have that info, I step back. If no follow through I keep it moving.

I would love for some guys to answer this question.

TNDRHRT said...

I learned from you. If a guy is interested in me, he will either ask for my info or find a way to contact me. I do not initiate conversations after the initial intro with guys. The followup is on them. Court me.