Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Transitions

This afternoon I opened the latest email newsletter from my yoga studio and found a beautiful essay from the instructor about transitions. Transitions. Transitions. She wrote about patience and compassion, being content and happy. She asked if we felt rushed or nervous or fearful. hmmmmm.

This post is dedicated to my friend who is going through a tough transition. She knows who she is. But whenever I see her, she is smiling. You never see the hurt, even though you know it's there. Maybe she knows something greater is waiting on the other side of this painful period.

Her smile reminds me of the new Kirk Franklin song, "I Smile." Check it out below:




Tell me about one of your tough transitions and how you got through it.
What did you learn from it?
Are you better now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet. I know this shout out lifted the spirits of your friend.