Tuesday, December 7, 2010

When It Rains


Man, when it rains it pours.

I pray every morning that my car will crank. It needs a new battery.

My gutter fell off my house last week during a terrible wind storm. The guy who was suppose to put it back stood me up. Now I have to find someone else to do it.

My tenants are calling with all kinds of problems: the shower head is broken, leaks in the kitchen and bathroom, drawers need to be repaired.

And then I just got a call from my mentee, she was crying because she has no way home for Christmas. (i'm a sucker for Norquesha's tears). She wanted to know if I could help her out and get her a train ticket to D.C.

Well, I wanna go home too to see my family — my father, my nephews, my grandmother.

Christmas is just a few weeks away and I feel overwhelmed. It just seems that everything's coming at me all at once. It's the end of the year and stuff is just breaking down. (isn't this suppose to be a time of good cheer?)

AAAAAAAWWWWWW !!!!! Makes me wanna holla ! AAAAAAWWWWW !!!!!!

But I have to remind myself to put things in perspective. Things could be worse: I could have no home, no transportation and I am thankful for my family when my mentee needs my support.

So, even though I'm complaining, I'll get over it. I just need to find a yoga class this week.


photo by mysza831.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember rain brings sunshine and rainbow at the end. Just hold on and your rainbow will appear.