Monday, November 22, 2010

Big Red

So last night I helped a friend celebrate her birthday by going Salsa dancing with her. I had a blast. I met a nice guy there who was showing me all the Salsa moves. We danced most of the evening.

When I was getting ready to leave, this gentleman offered to walk me to my car. It was late - about 11 pm - so I said okay.

As we were heading toward my car, he stopped and said, "This is my car."

Now, this was a really big RED vehicle with super big rims. But it wasn't just your ordinary red car. No, this was a BRIGHT CANDY APPLE red with BIG, extra shiny rims. I mean those rims were glistening. Imagine a Snoop Dog video or Ice Cube's "It Was a Good Day." This car definitely could have been in a rap video.

He was smiling proudly.

I just said, "wow." I was sort of speechless.

"What kind of car is this?" I asked. (I'm not good with cars and couldn't really read the name on the back)

It's a Dodge Charger. He said, still smiling.

"oh, okay."

"I was hoping the car in front of me would move so he wouldn't hit it," he said.

"oh, okay," I said again.

He popped the trunk and had a box filled with bottles of oils.

"What kind of scents you like," he asked. "I got everything."

"wow," is all I could say - again. "I'm good. thanks."

So, I started walking toward my car. He insinuated that people "hated on" him because of his super duper car.

I just smiled.

He wants to go out on Friday. I really can't see him picking me up in BIG RED. Maybe I'll just meet him some place.

I know, I know. I shouldn't be so superficial and care about little petty things such as what kind of car someone drives. I mean, who am I to judge? I drive a 97 Honda Accord.

Single women often get criticized for dismissing good guys for the smallest things - like a BIG RED car. (Remember Michelle dated Barack even though he had a broke down station wagon-like car and now she's married to the President of the United States) Anyway, all that matters is that he was a nice guy and we had a good time dancing, right?

But just imagine me rolling up to your house in BIG RED. Would you be surprised? For some reason, I just can't stop laughing - LOL...


Let me know your thoughts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol. Can't wait to hear/read about the date:)

kblog said...

I think the fact that he probably sells oils out of his trunk would bother me more than BIG RED! LOL

Anonymous said...

the problem isn't the kind of car he drives. it's that HE'S too wrapped up in the kind of car he drives.

cbean said...

I agree with Anonymous. Cause actually a Charger is not big. I could see a bright red Magnum or Escalade, something that screamed HEY KOOLAID. LOL.

SingLikeSassy said...

I'm mad that he was all up in the trunk peddling oils. "Lemme show you my car -- oh wait! I got some oils back here, what's your scent?"

What part of the game is that?! LOL

Girl you better pop on some shades and ride out in that red car.