Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Little Things

Since I've been back on the dating scene, I've realized how much I've missed intimacy. Now I'm not talking about sex, but INTIMACY — those little things: holding hands, the soft touch on the small of my back, a warm embrace, a tender kiss.

Isn't it nice just to be touched? I swear, there's nothing like a good ole hug.

There is something about being coupled, in a relationship or dating that brings a little light in my life. When the jobs stresses you out or you're running from one deadline to another, it feels good to know that someone (besides your friends and family) is thinking about you during the day, someone cares about how your day went and someone wants to spend time with you.

What about when your sweetie texts: "thinking about you," just when your co-workers are getting on your nerves? That's a nice feeling. (In high school, I used to get little notes in between classes from my sweetheart. Now it's all about technology !)

What about the thought of meeting someone for dinner later or having someone rub your feet while he watches your reality TV - LOL !!! (sorry, I'm guilty of that).

Better yet, what about the call at the end of the night, just before you fall asleep, after a long hard day? It's good to know someone's in your corner.

When I worked as a radio announcer for WJSU Public Radio Station in Jackson, Miss., I often played a jazz song called, "The Thought of You" - aawwww, yes.

It's something about intimacy that lifts the spirit, those little things you know. Maybe it's the power of touch. I don't know, but whatever it is, I feel a little better.

What are your thoughts on intimacy?
What do you think about "those little things"?
Do you miss male affection and companionship?
Are you happier when you are coupled, in a relationship or dating?
Does life seem just a little bit better?

photo by annstheclaf.

1 comment:

cbean said...

What are your thoughts on intimacy?
I enjoy it. Just cuddling up during a television show or a quick kiss during the commercials. It's so cool.

What do you think about "those little things"? They are really important to me. Getting a text or phone call in the morning really starts my day off.

Do you miss male affection and companionship?
Not anymore :-)

Are you happier when you are coupled, in a relationship or dating? Yes I am and mostly for the things you mentioned in your post.

Does life seem just a little bit better? Yes it does!