Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Latest Episode

This weekend, I had a friend in town from my home state. We attended college together and were sorority sisters.

Friday was her birthday and she wanted to celebrate, go dancing. So we went to a local club.

While there, we met a guy who said he had gone to Jackson State (my alma mater), but dropped out after 2 years and went into the military. He's been living in the Washington, D.C., area for about 6 years now, he told us. He works for the federal government, the VA I think.

Anyway, my friend said, Lottie lives here. You guys should exchange numbers. So we did and he suggested we hang out some time.

Cool, I said.

Well, he left the club around 12:30. We left around 1 a.m. I received a text from him shortly after we left, asking if I would like to go to a movie on Saturday.

Sure, I replied.

The next morning, I received a text from him about the movie: Inception starts at 1:20 pm, Gallery Place.

I'll meet you there, I replied.

While parking, I received a text from him: Where r u?

Just parked, I replied. I'm on my way up.

He already had the tickets and was waiting for me at the concession stand. We found some seats in the theater and he asked if I wanted anything.

No, I'm okay, I said. But thank you.

We talked a little before the movie. This was his second movie of the day, he had seen Salt before meeting up with me. He was from Tuscaloosa, Ala., and had a 9-year-old little girl who lived in Tennessee with her mother.

The movie was good and he asked what I was doing afterwards. He wanted to visit an art museum nearby. (by the way, I am impressed with guys who like museum exhibits.)

I need to run a few errands, I said.

Can we get a drink tonite? he asked.

Well, I teach Jazzercise on Sunday mornings and need to learn some new routines tonite for my class tomorrow, I explained.

"Can we get a drink after your training?" he persisted.

I laughed. No, I think I'll call it a day. Maybe next time.

We go our separate ways and five minutes later I get a call from him:
"I just wanted you to know that I really enjoyed hanging out with you at the movie," he said.

Thanks.

"I can't convince you to get a drink this evening?" he asked, for the third time. "It'll only be 30 minutes."

First of all, it won't be only 30 minutes. But we can hang out again, I said.

"Are you sure?" he asked. "You're not blowing me off are you? Are you going to call me tonite when you finish your training?"

Okay. By now, I was getting a little agitated. Persistence is one thing, but this was something else.

At 7 a.m. this morning, I received a text from him: HOW WAS YOUR TRAINING?

Now, I thought it was a little over the top that this guy text me at 7 a.m. But my sister thought nothing of it, that it was okay.

She said, maybe he was thinking about you and just wanted to know how your training went. You did tell him that the reason you couldn't go out was because you had to learn some new routines.

What do you think?
Do you think he's being a little aggressive?

5 comments:

cbean said...

I think so. That is way too much contact for just meeting someone. You said no once to drinks that night and he persisted. As I am typing this, it is now concerning me because this guy obviously does not take "no" at face value. That could be a red flag. Tread lightly.

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a repeat...I think I've seen this episode before! Lol

SingLikeSassy said...

Doesn't matter what we think, if you don't like it and your gut says something is off, that's what matters.

I will say, I am just as tired of thirsty kneegrows as I am of thirsty ho-ish women. Learn some social cues! Fall back! Let me miss you!

TNDRHRT said...

Well, like I told you earlier today, we always want guys to show interest in her and when they do....

However, when he texted you at 7am this morning...NO. Out of order. A little too much.

BPC said...

A bit much. Proceed with caution. Keep your eyes open.