Friday, June 4, 2010

Back to School

So, I'm in Jackson this weekend for my class reunion.
What should I say when people ask me why I'm not married
or when am I going to settle down ?

Whenever my high school sweetheart emails me he always asks
if I'm married or if I have any children. I ignore him.
I never respond. I know he's married with children.
But I know I won't be able to avoid him this weekend.

I don't want to look like a failure or loser or someone
who can't keep a man or someone who's not good enough to
be wife material.

I think I'll just tell people I'm divorced.

2 comments:

kendra said...

girl, it ain't nobody's business why you're not married. why do you care what these people think? AND you have to stop thinking marriage is the end-all be-all. i've got a ton of divorced friends. a ton of unhappily married friends. you need to figure out what makes lottie happy and do that. a relationship, marriage, whatever will come or it won't. you can't live your life on pause, waiting for that.

SingLikeSassy said...

Um, what?! Lottie no. First, you don't have to answer any of those nosy ass questions. Secondly, your being married has no bearing on your worth. Stop it. Don't even go there! STOP IT!