Monday, February 8, 2010

Child Please

I was going to write about my disastrous first online date, but who wants to read the boring details of how the guy tried to force his tongue down my throat and his hands down my pants.

Instead I decided to write about the Real Housewives of Orange County, specifically Lynne and the lack of respect her children have for her and her husband.

Ms. Lynne and her husband have two teenage daughters. The oldest daughter is 19 (she may be 20 now), she refuses to go to college or get a job. Instead she just wants to sleep late, sit around the house all day, go out with her friends at night and go shopping (did I mention she didn't have a job?).

But it's the youngest daughter who disgusts me. This chic talks to her parents any kind of way. She is extremely disrespectful and just an all-around brat.

Since when is it okay to call your mother a b%tch?
When is it okay to call your mother a f&cking liar?
When is it okay to tell your mother that what she's saying is bullsh%t?
When is it okay to walk away from your parents when they're talking to you?
When is it okay to text your friends during a family discussion?
When is it okay to hang up on your parents when they call you to come home?

In one scene, while at a friend's house, Lynne's daughter referred to Lynne as the Devil.

I mean, I wasn't the sweetest teenager. In fact, I was always on punishment. Just bad. One night my dad caught me kissing my high school boyfriend in the driveway when I got home late from the skating rink. He called it, "necking." I was like, "what's that?"

But I digress.

There were probably times that I was a bratty teenager and thought my parents were the devil when I couldn't get my way. But there was a certain level of respect that my parents demanded and that I gave them. Never in a million years would I have cursed out my parents, walked away from them while they were talking to me or told them they were liars. I knew better.

Do you think I would be here today? My dad would have knocked me into yesterday and then helped bury my body. Old school honey.

Ms. Lynne on the other hand, just cries.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's cause they LET those children disrespect them.

Anonymous said...

I think Lynne is crazy and her kids, especially the youngest one, are awful. There's never a time to disrespect your parents, but here's something to think about. It appears to me that Lynne is fake and phony and her kids know this, therefore I don't think they have any respect for her and because she's fake she can't command the respect.

I have to see the next episode because it looks like they are going to be served an eviction notice. Now tell me this, why would you get a facelift and encourage your other daughter to get a nose job when you know you really can't afford it - she's trying to be something she's not. Not to mention the youngest daughter was the one who basically begged and cried (literally) for her mother not to do this. Makes me think she knew something Lynne wasn't willing to admit. This girl knows her parents aren't as rich as everyone else. She knows her mother is draining that family pretending to be wealthy. And I think she sees her mother as selfish and not caring, so in turn she acts like a bitch to her.

I'm just saying...

SingLikeSassy said...

I'm sorry you were mauled on your date.

As for Lynne, she's raised them to be disrespectful and now she's is reaping what she sowed. Good luck with that.

What is it with wanting to be friends with your kids? I don't get that. My mama is my friend NOW. I'm grown now. She was my mother/the enforcer when I was a child. She didn't care if I hated her, she was my parent and I did what she said, followed her rules or suffered the consequences. I intend to raise any children I produce the same way.

Natasha said...

Lynne is a DOORMAT. Really, if Gretchen is giving her parenting advice that actually makes sense then there's a problem. She doesn't want to hear that she may be the problem so instead she bawls about how hard it is to raise your kid in the OC.

I was surprised about the facelift and nose job, especially since she has admitted in the past to not having as much money. In the upcoming episode it looks like her husband may have been lying to her about their finances and she buried her head in the sand....typical.