Monday, November 30, 2009

50 compliments


This weekend I caught an episode of the VH1 reality show Tough Love. If you're not familiar with the show, a matchmaker puts nine manless women through a bootcamp to help them find love.

One bootcamp member who used to be overweight continues to struggle with self-esteem issues and has had a difficult time loving herself or believing that someone else could love her.

Confidence, the show's host revealed, is sexy. Men are attracted to women who are confident. So he instructed her to write 50 compliments about herself.

Like the bootcamp member, I also struggle with self-esteem issues related to weight, so I took on the challenge too.

I could barely write 10 compliments about myself. I finally tweaked out 25, but there's no way I could get to 50. I mean, there's just so many times I could write "cute feet."

This is your challenge this week: Sit down and write 25 compliments about yourself, just 25.

Let me know if this was a difficult or easy assignment for you. How do you see yourself? Did you learn anything?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl, i could write 50 for you! we never see ourselves the way others do. that's sad.

Anonymous said...

i LIKE me. (okay, well, my smile is a little crooked and i could stand to lose some weight and my eyes swell if you look at me funny.) point is, to love you, flaws and all.