Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Your space?

Okay, so I'm working on my school project about "The State of the Young Black Male."

I google the phrase to see what kind of articles
or studies have been written about the subject.
I come across a blog by a young man. It mentions
something about the life and times of a young Black man
in the subhead. He has links to his twitter account, myspace, facebook and Morehouse college.

The young man's blog include his thoughts on various
issues - the gay marriage debate in D.C., unemployment,
education, Michael Vick, Tyler Perry v. Spike Lee, the
Henry Louis Gates episode, etc. There are also several photos
of him, including one where he's wearing a Morehouse t-shirt.

cool.

So, I'm quickly scanning through the different blog posts and come across
one about his latest one night stand.
He writes how he went to a club in Atlanta, met a guy and followed
him home. He talked about the guy's Mercedes Benz and his huge, uh, "house."
Then he went on to discuss how they had sex for an hour and how
the guy gave him breakfast in bed the next day.

okay.

I get to another posting and it's about how he met a guy at Morehouse. He learned that the man worked on campus. One day, he went to the guy's office. They talked. Then he mentions something about an oral sex session.

huh?

After his post about a lap dance from a guy he had a crush on, I stopped reading.

What do you guys think about this?
What if a potential employer "googled" him? Is this any different than me talking about my bad dates?

My professors always warn us that what we put on the internet could follow us or for a better term "haunt" us for a very long time.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he's blogging about his dating life, too, but in WAAAAY more detail than you give. WAAAAAY more detail than i really want. and not because his dates have been men. i don't wanna read YOUR blog about oral sex in the office!

SingLikeSassy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

These days I don't think having a personal blog is the same taboo as it was even two years ago. That said, I would not chronicle my sexcapades on the Internet because while I might not judge the kinds of things you post, I would wonder about his discretion in a work environment if he can't exercise proper boundaries with his own information.