Thursday, October 8, 2009

Seven Whole Days

I was looking through my Oprah newsletters and came
across an interesting question she had posed to her readers:

What Could You Give Up for 7 days?

When my car radio went out a couple of weeks ago,
I thought I would go crazy. But my daily commute
became peaceful, even meditative. I had the opportunity
to think about so many things in my life.

I realized that I really didn't miss the radio in my car that
much. But honey I was glad when it popped back on.

I know I can live without a car radio, that's easy.

But is there something (or someone - lol) that you absolutely
cannot give up for 7 days?

What are some things that you believe that you just can't live without?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't have a radio in my car for 7 years!

what could i NOT give up? good question. i went to a dude ranch earlier this year, and there was no tv in the cabins. everybody about lost their minds when we found out this was the case! but about 3 days in, i realized i didn't even miss it. was too busy doing other activities. i'd say sex, but clearly i've done without that, too. i don't LIKE to give that up, but it's not life or death. i've even cut my soda intake down to one a day. i'm thinking there's not much i COULDN'T live without. not really. but WANT to go without? that's a different story: i'd kick and scream giving up any of the amenities to which i've become accustomed.

TNDRHRT said...

I'd hate to give up the computer/internet for 7 days.