Thursday, July 2, 2009

Liar !



A couple of months ago, I found out that a guy I recently dated had been married before.

He confessed that he had been married for 5 years about a decade or so ago and it didn't work out.

He said that I had never asked him if he had been married.

LIAR !

First of all, my Dream Mate has the following qualities:
1) college-educated
2) professional job (financially stable)
3) never married
4) no kids
5) (must be honest, spiritual, trustworthy, caring, kind, etc.)

Please note the words "Dream Mate."

Anyway, some of the first questions I ask a guy are:
1) Are you married?
2) Do you have any children?
3) HAVE YOU EVER BEEN MARRIED ? (are you divorced?)

So don't sit up here like I'm stupid and tell me that I never asked you if you had ever been married. I did ask you and you lied. LIAR !! You are insulting my intelligence !

I'm reminded of a song in the movie, Waiting to Exhale called, "It Hurts Like Hell." For though this is not an instance in which a person has been caught cheating, I still feel betrayed.

I don't know.
Why can't I just meet a good, honest person? Why?

Do we have to do background checks on men we meet these days?
I mean, what if you find out a person is not the person you thought they were?
Lots of time wasted and love lost.

What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh, yeah, one of my main requirements is that he not lie to me. even if the truth is ugly, i'd rather have that. and make my decisions based on honesty.

Anonymous said...

My sister has a married friend in her mid 60's. She has been telling my sister for years that she should have any man investigated that she is seriously interested in. She even told my sister that she would pay for it. I always thought that it was a little crazy, but now after this blog posting I'm reconsidering my thoughts.

SingLikeSassy said...

Even if you didn't ask him (and I believe you did) it would seem someone who was dating you even casually would at some point reveal they had been married before. It's pertinent info, I think. You did right to fire him.

Also, my dream list was like yours and I ended up married to someone who had been married before. Never thought I would have been open to it, but glad I didn't dismiss my husband over something that really doesn't matter now as we make our life together.

But there are decent, honest men out there, don't give up. Stay cautious and optimistic.