Friday, March 27, 2009

Aging

When did I start looking my age?

I've always been proud when people couldn't guess my age.
Most thought I was 5-10 years younger than I was.

But not lately.

Most guys are guessing that I'm in my early '30s. Huh?
When did I stop looking like a hot 25-year-old ?

Are my boobs sagging? Is my face losing its youthful glow?
Is my behind drooping? Are their bags under my eyes?

I don't get it. I try to eat right. I exercise. I minimize
stress as much as possible.

Is it my hair? Maybe the way I dress?

I mean I feel young. But obviously the outside doesn't mirror the inside.

What about you? Do you think you look older?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at some point your wisdom does start to show. I'm sure people assume you are not 25 because of the way you carry yourself. I don't think I look 25, but I definitely don't look 36 going on 37...still trying to wrap my brain around 37.

Lottie said...

Girl, I want to be one of those Essence ladies where you can't believe her age !

Mimi said...

I agree with Benita. With age comes wisdom and perspective. A person can get their body back to their high school weight, rock the most hype hairstyle and clothes, but their eyes, their poise and their words show they have been here for a minute.

TNDRHRT said...

Yeah...agree with others. People know from your experiences that you are not in your mid-20s. Most people guess me to be in my early 30s as well. Even women.