Thursday, February 5, 2009

Winter Blues

I hate the winter. Okay, hate is a pretty strong word. But I really, truly dislike cold weather. I mean you have to layer up - buy hats and gloves, turtlenecks and sweaters, boots and long underwear. Some people love the winter - the snow and well, I really don't know what else. But I can live without it.

I have always said, if I was rich I would buy a condo in a warm place - Miami, Phoenix or maybe a Caribbean island - and live there from Nov. 4 (my birthday) until May. I want to live in a place where I can wear sundresses and sandals year round; a place where I don't have to worry about layers, but where I can wear as little clothes as possible without being indecent. free.

But just like the seasons, life isn't all about sundresses and sandals; even the sunniest places get a little rain. Sometimes we have to layer up.

There's something winter about my life right now. It's cold. I mean, I am grateful for my family and friends; the fact that I am still employed in this economy and I thank God for my health and my strength. But something's missing.

I need another layer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting hearing this from you as your life seems so full already. But I am firm believer in what Dottie Peoples said: he's an on-time God.

Lottie said...

You know how your life can be so full, yet so empty? Sometimes you wonder, what is this all for?

Anonymous said...

It's called living lady.