Wednesday, January 7, 2009

32 pounds

I watched The Biggest Loser last night and one guy dropped 32 pounds in a week ! 32 pounds in a week !
Did you hear me? 32 pounds in a week !

Here's a clip of the young man who dropped all that weight. He's with his father.


But what are they doing? It took me nearly a year to lose 30 pounds on Weight Watchers and I've been able to keep all but 10 pounds off (I'm still trying to lose those last 10 pounds !)

I exercise nearly everyday. I (try) to eat right - lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc - at least during the week (gotta have my Sunday brunch). But I can barely lose 2 pounds in a week.

How did this guy lose 32 pounds in a week? I need to find out what they're doing over there at The Biggest Loser because I would love to lose 32 pounds in a week.

I think I'll write in to the show to get their secret.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok...first of all....this man weighed well over 350 pounds!!!! And we all know that it was all WATER weight....it's a given that the more you weigh the more you have to lose so if we look at it proportionately to someone our size, that's probably the equivalent of losing 5-10 pounds in one week which you can easily do on many fasts or crash diets!

Even though I love Biggest Loser, I think the show is very deceiving. These people live in an isolated area for months and work out 4-5 hours of day...along w/ having nothing but nutritious food so there's no way to possibly go off course. Let's admit it....if all we had to do was focus on exercise and healthy eating w/out the stressors of work, family, bills, etc...we'd be melting off pounds too!

I was really mortified at the sistah that weighed in at 379 pounds.....why she had to be a sistah...dang???!!! I wish the show would do like Oprah and really start delving into WHY these people are morbidly obese. There never seems to be a psychological component to the show that helps these folks get to the root of HOW and WHY they became this size, ya know? Until they figure that out...no show or amount of money is going to solve their true weight issues!

Kim